Early Childhood Studies at University of Roehampton London
Roehampton is internationally renowned for its work in Early Childhood Studies. With a team of highly-regarded tutors, who are all experts in their specialisms, you will learn from some of the best in the field.
This degree will empower you with the knowledge and skills, confidence and resilience to act as an advocate for babies, young children, their families and communities.
You will develop an understanding of policy and practice, and learn to engage in critical inquiry and problem solving around key issues in early childhood.
Looking at the intellectual, emotional, physical, social and cultural experiences of young children, you will learn about promoting understanding and respect for young children and their families.
The course takes a distinctive Froebelian approach to the study of early years, grounded in the following principles:
- A holistic focus on babies, young children, their families and the communities they are part of, making links with past, present and future
- The centrality of play and (outdoor) environments for wellbeing and learning
- Continued development of understanding of professionalism and professional reflection and action, linking theory, research and practice
- A commitment to recognising and responding to the individual experiences and understandings of children
- Inclusion and connectedness, and a commitment to social justice in the field of early childhood
- Working with under 3s
- Working with 3-8 year olds
- Working with children and families
- Working for children and families
Choosing the right university is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make!
At Roehampton, we offer a first-class educational experience, designed to help you reach your full potential and get the career you want. You don't have to take our word for it; we are ranked the best modern university in London according to all three major UK league tables - the Complete University Guide 2016, the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and the Guardian University Guide 2016.
At Roehampton, we value the shared experience of working together. You are the author of your own future, but we can help you shape it. We know that together we can achieve more.
Once you join us, you become part of something bigger: a welcoming community with students from across the world and from all types of backgrounds, taught by staff engaged in world-leading research.
We offer a personalised academic experience and will help you become the kind of graduate that employers value: a confident, critical thinker, able to adapt to a changing world, and with an ongoing passion for your subject.
We are currently enrolling.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO ENROL PLEASE CONTACT:
HEROES PLACE, BLOCK B, 3RD FLOOR, SUITE B4.5, ADEMOLA
ADETOKUNBO CRESCENT, WUSE II, ABUJA-NIGERIA.
2ND FLOOR, PLOT CR2 BESIDE CIVIL DEFENCE CORP HEADQUARTERS, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE 08135884818